Friday, January 31, 2014

*Music Friday*

  Happy Friday friends! Today's Music Friday is dedicated to Ingrid Michaelson! She is a singer/songrwriter and I have been obsessed with her music for about 4 years now. I'm really not sure how I even discovered her music but I am thankful that I did. I feel that at one time or another in my life I have been able to relate to her lyrics in almost every single song that she has written. I love it when people write music that is relatable, it really draws me in. I got the most amazing opportunity to see her in concert a couple years ago when she had a show in Tucson at the Rialto Theatre... It is a gorgeous historical theatre might I add! I never realized the amount of beauty Tucson had until I attended her show. The entire evening was incredible!
It is really difficult for me to narrow down a few songs to choose because I honestly love almost every single one...Basically you need to buy all of her albums. :)
 
The first song I am sharing is a little up beat, fun song that makes me smile... "Parachute"


"Ghost" is another song that I find to be so darn beautiful. A slower song and a little sad, but beautiful.



This last song is an absolute favorite... A couple years ago life was not going the way I had "planned" it to go. I felt myself sliding into a depression to the point where I could barely get myself out of bed in the morning for work. Some of the lyrics that stood out to me when I would hear this song are: "Don't waste a minute on the darkness and the pity sitting in your mind and Do it right now" and "No one's gonna wait for you." This song really helped me in that time and showed me that life wasn't going to just magically change, that I had to stand up, be strong and do something about it. To me it is a very powerful song and has spoke wonders into my life. Music is incredibly powerful and my story proves it. Here is the song "Do it now'



I hope you enjoy this artist and her music. A little birdy shared with me today that Ingrid will be going back on tour and the dates will be up this Tuesday. I am ecstatic! She not only can sing amazing live but she also is hilarious! One of the funniest shows I have been to by far! You almost feel like you are at a stand up comedy show going to see her. I suggest you check out the dates on Tuesday and buy some tickets. I know that I will be!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
-Angel

No comments: